Part of the solution to energy and pollution involves technology that combines what we have learned from the aerospace, alternative energy, automotive, and bicycle industries. It may look like something out of a science fiction movie, but the reality of solar car races will one day bring all of us a step closer to the future, at least one solar car in each and every one garage of not only USA, but throughout the planet earth.
Several consulting companies, such as Phoenix Snider Power, have started to offer technical and financial support and/or services to institutes and teams developing solar cars worldwide. Links below will give you a peek at what some of the university students and solar enthusiasts throughout planet earth have already worked on:
- Umicore Solar Team 3D Concept: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Bukte8UU4&feature=related
- Solar Car unveiled in Manila, The Phillipines: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc0jum_solar-car-unveiled-in-manila-the-ph_news
- Stanford Solar Car Project is a donation-funded, student-run, project since 1986: http://solarcar.stanford.edu/
- South Plantation Students’ Solar Car Design: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaxDl8FZf9M
- Solar Car Chase Video of McMaster Solar Car Project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CPQs4aHYDo
- Sautek Solar Car Team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09k7yNSB-mk
- Solar Taxi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlvZxjxQ-eg&feature=related
- University of Michigan Solar Car Team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuc46dwx9Dw&feature=related
- 2007 Panasonic World Solar Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thNqS8U0R3o&feature=related
- Solar Powered Grand Prix (during the Alternative Energies Cup in Suzuka, Japan): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toZRuqJsRRQ
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any interesting clips to share or if you want to leave a comment right at this site. We are all very excited about what the future may have in store for us.
Posted by sunisthefutre-Susan Sun Nunamaker